The Mackay advertising climate positions advertisers to have their product quickly cut through the chatter to directly connect with audiences. As opposed to metropolitan areas, advertising opportunities within Mackay and surrounds are greater as there is less noise to compete with and therefore prices are markedly less than in larger locales. The cost per thousand (CPM) here is much lower than one would expect to see outside of regional boundaries. Advertising in Mackay provides a wealth of opportunities for fast and real connection that are not muddied by oversaturation, nor eye-wateringly expensive advertising costs.
Opportunities for Advertising in Mackay
Advertising opportunities in Mackay can be explored by sector.
In terms of television stations, demographic breakdowns are as follows:
- Families who enjoy children’s programming as well as news, prime time programming and films with advertising also able to capture the millennial and senior demographic
- Key 24-54 demographics built on a combination of local programming and imports
- Progressive thinkers looking for programming that delivers in terms of political, environmental and social beliefs (most typically in the under 50’s)
- Conservative thinkers who heavily lean towards old stalwarts of programming as well as a focus on news and local events and matters, like farming and production of resources as well as serial dramas and nostalgia, tending to be over 50’s
- Teen and youth audiences looking to connect with local and national issues and events
Radio in the region follows the lines of a number of commercial stations and then trickles through a variety of classic hits and nationally broadcasting stations that are picked up across a variety of frequencies and speak to a wide range of demographics. Herein lies a rich and real opportunity to connect with a wide variety of captive audiences through innovative and exciting advertising. Local community radio stations also have their part to play in terms of reaching audiences.
Key demographics of the above local and national stations include:
- The youth market who are looking to tap into local initiatives that are inside their breadth of interests via either the national broadcaster or a closer to home commercial station
- Senior members of the population looking for a conversative, traditional approach to radio media
- Families looking for appropriate yet fun radio content
- Tradespeople or those on the road for work purposes who make up a large percentage of engaged daily consumers
Newspaper opportunities are somewhat limited as there is only one publication servicing the area. It has a circulation of approaching 11,000 daily and close to 19,000 over the weekends.
There are also a number of digital based opportunities that will vary depending on product and demographic. There is also scope for the inclusion of billboard and flyer-based advertising in line with BUS260.
ADFX – Local Buy BUS260 in Mackay
We are here for you! We wish to partner with the Mackay Regional Council and other local users of BUS260 to streamline campaigns, properly position you in the market and use the words that your demographic of choice wants to hear.
We create realistic campaigns, to budget, that tick all the boxes when it comes to stakeholders and community connection. We are a full-service digital and marketing agency and we have never been more ready to work regional.