Humble Rockhampton is growing and growing and as with any growth, there comes opportunity. This area of steady growth is primed and at the ready for savvy advertisers to stretch their legs and take a good walk around the place. There are many opportunities here to foster rich and real relationships between product, brand and client – if you know where to look. Working with a full-service advertising agency means that the research and creative is all taken care of while you can enjoy the spoils.
When compared to larger cities and locations, it quickly becomes apparent that in Rockhampton, the CPM (cost per thousand) is far less than a more heavily populated area. There is an audience here who are looking to spend, but they are doing so in an atmosphere where there is less competition and less media ‘noise’. Now is the time.
Opportunities for Advertising in Rockhampton
Rockhampton advertising provides the maximum opportunity for engagement and growth.
In terms of television stations, demographic breakdowns are as follows:
- Families and home owners who enjoy a cross section of children’s programming, films, news and current affairs, and import/export television dramas and comedies
- The key 24-54 demographic who make up the bulk of the viewing and consuming public and exist on a diet of local programming and imported television shows
- Socially conscious audiences who look for the representation of real issues
- The conservative market who are firmly attached to serial programming, current affairs, gardening and lifestyle shows as well as prime time news
- The teen and youth audiences who connect their love of pop culture to the products that they are interested in consuming
Radio station audiences can fall into similar brackets as the ones outlined above. There are a number of commercial stations available in Rockhampton as well as the national broadcaster. These commercial stations often run syndicated programming. These captive audiences are primed for interesting and innovative advertising campaigns that will allow them to sit up and take notice.
Key demographics of the above local and national stations include:
- The youth market looking for products inside their breadth of interests via either the national broadcaster or a closer to home commercial station with syndicated programming
- Conservatives who are chasing a traditional approach to radio media with news bulletins, talkback segments and a more traditional format than might be seen on ‘younger’ stations
- Families looking for fun yet appropriate radio content
- Those who are on the road during the day depending on occupation and lifestyle who represent the lion’s share of the midday market
There are relatively few newspapers that service Rockhampton and surrounds. This means that there is a wealth of opportunities in Rockhampton for newspaper advertisement as well as making the most of active spaces and investing in billboard campaigning or advertising.
ADFX – Local Buy BUS260 in Rockhampton
You need an advertising agency that’s the whole package and that can work with the Rockhampton regional council. From print to television to billboard to radio slot – someone who can help navigate BUS260 whilst removing a lot of the stress and grunt work is your missing puzzle piece. Forge connections with your local audience and speak to them in a language that they’ll be able to understand – the power of your product.